Viewed 9975 times | Published on 2014-07-20 12:41:22
Welcome- this is were I share articles, posts, book and workshop/conferences reviews, and the page with links to additional material for each business book that I published since 2013 (more details on my business experience).
Main focus of this website: cultural/organizational change and digital transformation, with articles, reviews of books and workshops/webinars/software, links to my own books.
These are the key concepts discussed in this website (menu options on the left-hand side):
- main page
- this page
- CV, profiling information, sample customer lists, current activities
- _Sample experiences (offline)
- currently offline
- _Educational history (offline)
- currently offline
- link to my Librarything profile (partial library catalog, with book reviews)
- Most read
- articles on this website, ranked by number of readers
- Search within articles
- tag cloud to search within the articles
- Search within books
- tag cloud to search within the published books
- Observation and innovation
- the main purpose of this websits
- _Business: rethinking
- in this section, the business side
- _Society: EU-Italy-Turin
- in this section, the social/political side
- _Citizen Audit
- business number/information crunching skills applied to documents of common interest
- _Communication: Strumenti
- a book on using social media for political and advocacy purposes, published in 2014, serialized
- _Glossary: Common sense
- a different form of "positions papers" (with links to multimedia whenever relevant)
- in this section, both what I am writing, what I published, and my feed-back on some books that I read and can recommend
- once in a while, some "milestones" in my writing planning and drafting
- whenever I publish a book, I add a page; for GDPR and QuPlan, added also links to other material
- a book that started as such in 2015, but eventually became a kind of "background excuse" to develop other concepts; I do not know yet if or ever will turn into a "normal" book- or I will simply keep spinning articles
- as I worked since the 1980s across multiple industries, business domains, cultures, these mini-books started as a way to summarize some "focused ideas on a theme", to share before business activities as a common starting point- from 2003-2005 first, and 2013 on then, instead of being restricted to my prior business network, decided to share online (and also a paperbook, if you like)
- suggested readings: I read a lot and continuously, but in this section I share only part of the books that I rate at least 3.5 out of 5
- working in both cultural/organizational change and number crunching to support decision making for few decades, turns you also into an observer, developer, and storyteller of cultures (that I had before interested in archeology and cultural anthropolology, and some political negotiation experience, helped)
- data are everywhere- but access to data requires skills and competences; the aim of this section is to share concepts, datasets, and webapps to enable converting "open data" into information easy to access and reuse
From 2019, to increase ease of access and faster share of updates, I added also a YouTube channel, ChangeTheRulebook, where I posted monthly video presentations on various themes related to cultural and organizational change.
From 2020, the channel will be used to deliver video material supporting other publications on robertolofaro.com
If you work in project, programme, portfolio, change management and other coordination, delivery, or methodology roles, you are welcome to connect with me on https://projectmanagement.com/profile/aleph123
There are (way too?) many options on the left-hand side: if you do not know which one to select, why don't you just have a look at the latest articles published, and then let serendipity guide you? These are the main 5 areas of the content within this website:
The Books area represents research and experience that I turned into books since 2013, while Cultures contains my language learning experiments- learning implies making mistakes, and way too many cease too learn too early (i.e. well before their time on this Earth is past due).
The other three areas represent a knowledge-sharing experiment (Theatralis); my sharing of considerations on the EU, Italy, and my birthplace, Turin (EU, Italy, Turin); and, last but not least, some "continuous observation and ideas sharing" on how social, business, technological changes can impact on business/social organizational structures (yes, it is my 4.0 etc. area RethinkingBusiness).
Datademocracy is a new area that I added in December 2019, and I will routinely add example on using various approaches to access information and knowledge, using as samples both open data that are relevant to my current interests (routinely updated- see each section, if interested), as well as material from my publications.
Visit datademocracy for additional data-related links.
A digital immigrant or a digital native? Neither
My online presence? As soon as the www was added (actually, even before, as I had an account also on Compuserve).
First domain registered? As soon as it was economically feasible from Europe, in 1997, prconsulting.com (but actually online on various open resources since 1993) focused on the business side of change, followed few years later by partnershipincubator.com, focused on helping to structure and steer "virtual teams" assembled with resources from multiple partners sharing a common purpose.
To make a long story short and let the material speak by itself: I started in political activities in Europe while still in high school in Italy, then my first job was within a multinational consulting company.
I am used to keep following two main business lines: one covering the social/business dimension of change, the other technologies to support decision making (from PROLOG in the early 1980s before my service in the Italian Army, to Decision Support Systems and Executive Information Systems in the late 1980s, to data warehousing, business intelligence, and other technologies to make management reporting more timely and relevant (e.g. see a mini-book I published few years ago).
In the past is was difficult to explain, so I had settled for my motto above (and on Linkedin): "change with and without technology", right now that awareness is with us, I can say "cultural/organizational change and digital transformation".
Due to my past political activities, since the late 1980s I was often involved (or charged with) negotiation and facilitation activities, and therefore I would dare to say that cultural anthrophology and political science (with a whiff of long-term cross-domain thinking, what is now called "sustainability") is an integral part of my activities.
How do you do that? Permanent learning. And permanent learning implies permanent liistening, thinking, writing, sharing (my first train-the-trainer activities were when I was still in high school, ditto for the first ghost writing and speech writing/campaigning/event organization roles).
If you want to contact me, I can be reached on facebook.com/berlindiaries
If you want to contact me for business propositions, please do contact me on Linkedin (the QR-code too points to my Linkedin profile).
Updated on 2020-08-16